Eager to sell…and the estate agent calls you and says that they have a potential cash buyer who would like to come and view your property in an hour – what do you do? Don’t panic and follow these 6 simple tips to have your home viewing-ready and in a hurry.
- First step is to throw open all windows throughout your home to allow a blast of fresh air to circulate. If it’s cold and wet then maybe just open them briefly for a light breeze to waft through. It’ll work wonders on banishing any lingering smells. But if there are stubborn smells that won’t shift a spritz of air freshener or a scented candle will hopefully do the trick. Also if it’s a dull day, switch on all of your lights to brighten up the rooms and if appropriate switch the central heating on for an hour burst to make your home warm and cosy.
- Grab a box or bag and start clearing the clutter throughout the rooms, and if need be use one of the bedrooms as the temporary storage room. Throw in paperwork lingering on tables and worktops, toys lying about, discarded clothing, shoes, the dog bed, basically anything that doesn’t belong and tuck this away from view
- Tidy up all the beds in the house. If you have freshly laundered covers then pop them on so that the bedrooms will look their best. Straighten up pillows and cushions and decorate the end of your bed with a cosy throw to make it really inviting and switch on the bedside lamps.
- Next room to visit is the bathroom. Clear away any bottles, razors or any other bathroom paraphilia into a cupboard rather than out on the side of the bath. Swap used towels for fresh fluffy ones. And give the toilet and sink a quick wipe over with an antibacterial wipe. Nobody wants to see any mess.
- Don’t forget your outside space and main pathway too. If bikes are left on the lawn and garden furniture is spread all around give it a good straighten up and tidy things away including wheelie bins so that house hunters can see beyond the clutter and see your homes full potential.
- Finally to the kitchen. Wash, dry and put away any used items in the sink. If you’ve been cooking then perhaps light a scented candle to cover the scent. Empty any overflowing bins. Then pop on the kettle and get ready for your agent and viewers/potential buyers.
All good agents like Forbes Estates work in partnership with their sellers/vendors and will explain to the viewers that your home is a living working family home and we have done our best to present it at its best within this short time frame, experienced buyers appreciate and understand this and can see through any potential clutter, they just need to see the room sizes and potential living space on offer, before making that important offer!
Whether you are selling or buying we’re here to help, contact or friendly and experienced team at Forbes Estates.
Call 01257 273 324 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like this or found this article helpful? Please share it!